Mbarara University of Science and Technology shall hold its 25th Graduation ceremony on the 27th October 2018 at the university’s Main Campus at Kihumuro, Mbarara Municipality.
The Annual Research Dissemination Conference 2018 is slated to take place on the 23rd November 2018 at Lake View Hotel Mbarara. For more details contact Yaguma Penlope Samuel Mwesigwa email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org +256 779 427198 +256 393 224625
What is Micro-Research?
The research concept aims at improving health outcomes through small locally driven multi-disciplinary teams developing and implementing research projects. This starts with the Research workshop that provides training and opportunities to do research especially in maternal and child health.
The workshop will train up to 30 researchers to improve their practical applied research skills. The workshop will run for one week every day from 8:30am to 5:00pm.
What will you get?
- Outstanding research skills from Canadian and MUST researchers
- Expect the following skills
- Defining a research question
- Qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Developing conceptual framework
- Data analysis methods
- Basics of sample size determination
- Course material on memory stick
- On-going support to do research through mentors
Who is eligible to attend?
- University academic staff, Health professionals, ICT professionals, social scientists, local government personnel, community development officers, civil society organisation staff.
- Post graduate students
How to apply
Pick application form from (and return it to) the Maternal Newborn and Child Health Institute/Healthy Child Uganda, Mbarara University of Science and Technology, Red Cross Premises
Deadline for applications is 31st December 2018
Successful candidates shall be required to pay a participation fee of UGX 100,000= payable to Standard Chartered Bank; Account: C.P.S MUST Project; Account Number: 0102808214800
Inquires: 0782 612505/ 0700 745652